ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training
Course Description: ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training
QMII's four-day Lead Auditor training provides the skills needed to manage ISO 14001:2015 audits. Learn the environmental requirements of ISO 14001 and how to relate those requirements to your business management system. Understand how process-based management systems are responsible for managing risks and ensuring that environmental requirements of interested parties are accurately determined and consistently fulfilled over time.
You will be immersed in QMII's time-tested methodology for teaching auditors how to integrate all operations with ISO 14001:2015 conforming process-based management systems. Our instructors will ensure you understand point-by-point the application of ISO 14001 principles and requirements. Our lead auditor training includes workshops for addressing the new ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
All ISO 14001:2015 processes, including risk-based thinking for an environmental management system, context of the organization, senior management involvement and expanded interested party involvement are correctly implemented.
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification
Students successfully completing QMII's 4-day ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor training and the TPECS examinations provided in conjunction with this course, receive a Certificate of Attainment for the following Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA International) knowledge competency units*:
- EM- Environmental Management Systems.
- AU- Management Systems Auditing.
- TL- Leading Management Systems Audit Teams.
The Certificate of Attainment provides evidence of knowledge competency defined by the course's certifying organization, Exemplar Global.
Successful candidates can use these certifications as earned credit towards other ISO Standards certifications such as ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and other similar standards under Exemplar Global's Training Provider & Examiner Certification Scheme (TPECS).
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Learning Objectives
In QMII's ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor training you will gain the skills to conduct and lead 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits, and process and system audits, including on undocumented systems to determine conformity to ISO 14001:2015. Skills gained include:
- Learning the difference between valued and non-value adding systems based on the standard and determine if business management systems of your organization are currently conforming to ISO 14001.
- Plan and execute EMS development projects assuring conformity to ISO 14001 requirements and compliance to applicable regulations.
- Conduct an environmental aspects and impacts analysis.
- Identify and implement the controls necessary for an effective EMS.
- Relate fiduciary concerns to the performance of the EMS.
- Determine and communicate the resources necessary for the system to address risks as planned.
- Conduct audits, including on undocumented systems, and audit for process effectiveness against measurable objectives.
- Relate the capabilities of the organization to the expectations of customers, top management and shareholders.
- Use the EMS to manage environment, health, safety and security risks and continually reduce waste.
We Help You Learn With:
- Varied teaching modes including role playing.
- Active listening.
- Peer-to-peer, peer-to-teacher interaction.
- Major concept focus.
- Using only essential terminology.
Who needs this course?
- Environmental management systems professionals.
- Quality and Environmental professionals.
- VP/Directors of Regulatory Affairs.
- EMS Managers/ Management Reps.
- Individuals who want to become certified ISO 14001 auditors.
- Systems professionals or people who want to understand how management systems work.
- Improvement Specialists.
Schedule: ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training
- Lecture: Intro to Environmental Mgmt
- Lecture: Understanding Environmental Impacts
- Lecture: ISO 14001_2015
- Lecture: Comparison of Standards
- Lecture: ISO 14001 v ISO 50001
- Workshop: ISO 14001 Clauses
- Exam: ISO 14001 Self Study
- Lecture: Assessing Environmental Impacts
- Lecture: EHSS Policy, Objectives and Targets
- Workshop: Assessing EHSS Impacts
- Workshop: Environmental Policy
- Lecture: Environmental Legislation and Regulation
- Lecture: Environmental Education and Training
- Lecture: Monitoring, Reporting and Improving Environmental Performance
- Workshop: Setting Objectives
- Lecture: Auditing Management Systems
- Workshop: Terms and Definitions ISO 19011
- Lecture: Audit Planning and Preparation
- Lecture: Developing Process-Based Management Systems
- Workshop: ISO 14001 - Lead Audit Plan and Checklist
- Lecture: Performing Lead Audit Investigation
- Workshop: ISO 14001 - Lead Audit Opening Meeting
- Workshop: ISO 14001 - Lead Audit Investigation
- Lecture: Concluding the Audit
- Workshop: Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Workshop: Writing Nonconformity Statements (continued)
- Workshop: Closing Meeting Preparation
- Lecture: Corrective Action and Follow Up
- Workshop: Corrective Action
- Workshop: Closing Meeting and Report
- Lecture: Certification, Registration, Accreditation
- Class Wrap Up
If you are already a certified lead auditor and want to add QMS to your certification, please click here.
Call us at 888.357.9001 or email info@QMII.com