FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AUDITOR/ LEAD AUDITOR
As a professional in the food supply chain, you can learn to use effective food safety management system auditing skills to improve your organization. Use your understanding as an auditee and as an auditor to strengthen your system and its processes to assure food safety.
ISO 22000 provides a common set of requirements for your food safety management system. Use it to reduce the risks to health resulting from processes throughout the food chain from “farm to fork”.
Unlike other food safety standards which tend to be prescriptive, ISO 22000 provides a practical and versatile approach for improving the system that runs the organization.
Unsafe food comes from weak systems. Weak systems fail to ensure processes are under control. Weak systems fail to continually improve. Learn to be effective in your auditing of food safety management systems for robust systems.
This course focuses on management systems, ISO 22000 food safety management systems and auditing.
Gain the tools necessary to conduct and lead process and system audits to determine conformity to ISO 22000.
Attendees successfully completing the TPECS examinations provided in conjunction with this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA International) knowledge competency units:
FS– Food Safety Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
The Certificate of Attainment provides evidence of knowledge competency defined by Exemplar Global in the competency units required for certification as a Food Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor.
Attend this course if you are a:
- Manager or person assigned to improve your current system
- Quality or a technical food industry professional
- Procurement professional selecting and improving suppliers
- Quality Manager/Management Representative (food safety team leader)
- Consultant or lawyer to the industry who wants to gain better understanding of systems
- Auditor responsible for assessing conformity and compliance with food safety requirements
- Supplier of ingredients, packaging, cleaning chemicals, equipment or service provider
You will learn how to:
- Interpret and apply ISO 22000 requirements
- Relate ISO 22000 to your business, regardless of your size and position in the food chain
- Conduct and lead audits for system and process effectiveness
- Assess and eliminate food safety hazards
- Relate the capabilities of the organization to the requirements of customers, top management, regulators and industry
- Develop and use the FSMS to work proactively not reactively
- Assess the interaction of a wide variety of system components that comprise the FSMS
- Internally and externally throughout the food chain to mitigate risk
- Interpret and apply prerequisite programs related to manufacturing using PAS 220
- Align your current programs and policies on food safety and risk assessment with ISO 22000
- Effectively assess and prepare audit reports
Because of our independence from the certification process, you may bring questions specific to your organization to class and expect an answer based on many years of experience.
This class prepares students to conduct 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audits using ISO 22000 and you would also be able to use any recognized food safety system standard.
Contact us at 888.357.9001 or email email@example.com