DESIGNATED PERSON (DP) TRAINING
The Designated Person (DP) or Designated Person Ashore (DPA) is the key link in the safety chain for ship operations. This person has direct access to top management and has the responsibility and authority for monitoring safety and pollution prevention of each ship in the company’s fleet. It is the duty of the DP to ensure that adequate resources and support are readily available to the fleet.
With such heavy responsibility resting on the shoulders of the DP, it is critical that she/he understand the role and duties of this position. Our intensive two-day training will meet the IMO guidance per circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.8 and MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6. With nearly 50% hands-on workshops, you will learn how to apply the knowledge gained to real life situations.
Upon passing this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of successful completion indicating the course was conducted per IMO guidelines.
Also consider our five-day Exemplar Global Certified QMS, EMS or Supply Chain Security Lead Auditor courses for in-depth auditor training.
Who should attend?
- Owners and Senior Management
- Shore-based Managers
- Ship Officers
- Port State Control
- Maritime Auditors & Consultants
- Academicians requiring a clear understanding of safety management systems
You will learn:
- Principles and benefits of management systems
- Implementation of safety management systems
- Review and continual improvement of the safety management system
- Knowledge and good understanding of the ISM Code 2014
- Role of the Designated Person (DP)
- Necessary qualifications, training and experience of DP
- Safety and environmental protection policy
- IMO Circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.8
- IMO Circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6
- Internal audits, verification and monitoring
- Management Review & Operational aspects of safety management
- Shipping and Shipboard operations as applicable to DP
- Hazard analysis
- Reporting and analyzing nonconformities and near misses & Taking corrective action
- Effective communication with shipboard staff and senior management including team building
- Coordination of shore and shipboard operations
- Document of Compliance (DOC) & Safety Management Certificate (SMC)
- Mistake proofing
Because of our independence, you may bring your particular compliance, process and system concerns to class and the instructor will work with you to answer your questions.
Call us at 888.357.9001 or email email@example.com.