Our training provides practical examples of real life situations and prepares the trainees to develop and implement the management system on board and ashore.
The ISM Code requires establishment of safeguards to ensure mitigation of risks in safety and pollution in shipboard operations. The Code places responsibility for this squarely on the companies charged with the ship's management. We offer ISM training with various options to meet the industry requirements.
Also consider registering for the 3-day ISPS Auditor class for a $195 discount.
Who should attend?
- Safety Internal Auditors
- ISM Lead Auditors
- Designated Persons Ashore(DPA)
- Owners and Operators
- Maritime Management Teams
- Safety, Security and Quality professionals needing introduction to maritime management systems
- Maritime Academy Attendees and Administration Staff (ask for our in-house training)
You will learn how to:
- Plan and execute ISM development or transition projects ensuring conformity to ISM Code
- Identify and implement the controls necessary for ensuring the SMS (Safety Management System) ensures safety and prevents pollution
- Relate fiduciary concerns to the performance of the SMS
- Develop reliable and pliable safety systems, particularly effective for ship and shore operations where process objectives are constantly changing
- Determine and communicate the resources necessary for the system to work as planned
- Communicate the roles and responsibilities within the SMS to the ship / shore operations
- Conduct and lead 1st and 2nd party audits (3rd party auditing covered in ISM Auditor and EMS Lead Auditor training)
- Relate the capabilities of the organization to the expectations of customers, top management and shareholders
- Use the SMS to work proactively and not reactively (including using preventive and corrective action)
- Explain to customers how the organization plans to fulfill its promises and show evidence that it has done so in the past
Because of our independence, you may bring your particular compliance, process and system concerns to class and the instructor will work to answer your questions as best as possible.
Call us at 888.357.9001 or email email@example.com