Learn the requirements of ISO 14001 and how to relate the requirements to your business management system. Understand how process-based management systems are responsible for ensuring customer requirements are determined and consistently fulfilled over time.
Learn the difference between:
- Non-value adding “ISO” systems based on the standard; AND
- Value adding business management systems conforming to ISO 14001.
Gain the tools necessary to conduct and lead process and system audits to determine conformity to ISO 14001.
Attendees successfully completing the TPECS examinations provided in conjunction with this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA International) knowledge competency units:
EM – Environment Management Systems
AU - Management Systems Auditing
TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
The Certificate of Attainment provides evidence of knowledge competency defined by Exemplar Global in the competency units required for certification as a Environment Management Systems Lead Auditor using ISO 14001.
Duration: 4 days
You will learn how to:
- Plan and execute EMS development projects assuring conformity to ISO 14001 and compliance to applicable regulations
- Conduct an environmental aspects and impacts analysis
- Use an EMS to ensure regulatory compliance
- Identify and implement the controls necessary for an effective EMS using ISO 14001
- Relate fiduciary concerns to the performance of the EMS
- Develop reliable and pliable systems (particularly effective for organizations where process objectives are constantly changing)
- Determine and communicate the resources necessary for the system to work as planned
- Communicate the roles and responsibilities within the EMS to the organization
- Conduct 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits, particularly on undocumented systems, and audit for process effectiveness against measurable objectives
- Relate the capabilities of the organization to the expectations of customers, top management and shareholders
- Use the EMS to manage environmental risk and continually reduce waste
Who should attend?
- Environmental professionals
- VP/Directors of Regulatory Affairs
- ISO Managers/Management Reps
- Individuals who want to become Exemplar Global certified lead auditors
- Systems professionals or people who want to understand how management systems work
- Improvement Specialists
Because of our independence, you may bring your particular compliance, process and system concerns to class and the instructor will work to answer your questions as best as possible.
Call us at 888.357.9001 or email info@QMII.com